[lit-ideas] Re: Red and Blue

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:04:40 -0400

This is the guy we've trusted to make America safer?

This is the guy who sucked all the money out of FEMA (so the professionals with
emergency management experience left the agency), DHS and the Army Corps of
Engineers -- and refused time and again to fund the levees. Though New Orleans
has long been one of the three most horrendous events we needed to guard
against, he took Louisiana's National Guard and sent them off to Iraq. Diverted
funds away from the levees.

He's a real planner.

This is the guy Republicans tell us will protect America from terrorists. If
nothing else, his response to Katrina is a microcosm of how he'd behave in
another 9/11. It took him (he is the Federal government) 5 days to respond.
People died because of his response time.

What would he do if the subways of New York City were blown up? I shudder to
think of his response.

Stan