[lit-ideas] Re: Reality Check

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:57:07 -0700

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Steve Chilson wrote:

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:56:28 -0700, "David Ritchie"
<ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Yesterday I was preparing a lecture on Imperialism

YESTERDAY I WAS PREPARING A LECTURE ON IMPERIALISM

I'm trying as hard as I can
to give one up for the country.

Yes, that's more of less how it went :)

David Ritchie
Ononmasticater*

*According to Willard Espey an onomasticon is a collection of names. "Members of the Sunday department of the New York Times once suggested such cognates as onomasticate, to chew over funny names; onomaster, one who onomasticates superbly, and autonomast, one who enjoys his own funny name."

from "An Almanac of Words at Play."