[lit-ideas] Re: Ready

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:34:44 +0100

I'm thinking of a motion-detecting light but there's a problem: very
little motion can set them off.  (I live in an end-of-terrace house
with a lane running down the side of the house and my -- rather long
-- garden; people have forced the side gate [I've sorted that out] and
they climb over the wall; they've tried to prise of part of the
outermost back door; I found a metal bar a bit like a crowbar in the
garden. The chances of anyone getting into the house through the *2*
back doors and when the alarm is on are more or less zero, still... .)

I do have some very powerful flashlights!

Thursday, October 21, 2004, 5:47:21 AM, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

Eac> Hi,
Eac> Okay...I sent out a cry of distress far and wide last night.  I thank  you
Eac> all for listening to me, btw.  It helps...
Eac> I do so like my seemingly mild-mannered profession.  If we  don't like
guns,
Eac> we like knives.  We break the stereotypes-though none of  us really try to
do
Eac> so. (well, you have all looked at the lipsticklibrarian  website, right?
<g>)