[lit-ideas] Re: "Reading Lolita in Tehran" -"Reading Ricoeur inManhattan"

  • From: andy amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:26:13 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Straker <straker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: May 5, 2004 2:13 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: "Reading Lolita in Tehran" -"Reading Ricoeur in
Manhattan"

Scribe1865@xxxxxxx wrote:
> ... I am also very slowly ...
> plodding through Paul Ricoeur's _Time and Narrative_ ...
> ... Was quite surprised to learn (after reading the foreword to
> _Oneself as Another_) that he is Christian.

Stephen:  This means he is subscribed?

A.A.:  I'm up for starting a new locution.  Picture it.  Hemingway (in the
restaurant bathroom checking out his weiner):  Hey, man, he is subscribed.

Stephen:  or what?

A.A.:  Next stop, MTV.

Andy

S. Straker
catching up on his mail in a rare thunderstorm in
Vancouver, B.C.