[lit-ideas] Re: Reading Lolita in Tehran

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I would think that these plans are probably on paper
only, though they can be used to justify the existence
of the Chinese military. (Taiwan, too, is very useful
for that.) But I do believe that the US invasions of
Afghanistan and Iraq have a lot to do with controlling
access to the energy resources that will be required
by China in near future. This might be of interest,
though it's not UK slang:

http://www.pinr.com/report.php?ac=view_report&report_id=173&language_id=1

http://messenger.yahoo.com/