[lit-ideas] Re: Reading Heidegger

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:43:40 +0100
> On 16 Feb 2015, at 19:29, Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The reply is kindly asked not to unload another basket of nazi sperm and lots
> of quotations.

I've been wondering for about a week how to respond to being addressed in this
way - and can only conclude that I am merely avoiding reacting as I would in
any other public or private forum.

I suppose I must simply admit that I am more thin-skinned than those many
worthy list-members who can continue - and even flourish - in such an
un-moderated forum, and respectfully (and, yes, reluctantly) withdraw. I leave
with some regret; among other things, I'll never get to hear the answer (for
which Professor Ritchie has been painstakingly preparing us for some time now)
to that ultimate philosophical question, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

I'll this opportunity to thank both present and past members of this list and
its predecessor for two decades of intellectual stimulation, amusement and
conversation.

Best wishes to all.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany

P.S. I will upon posting this message immediately unsubscribe from this list,
and I respectfully request list members not to contact me off-list about this
decision.  It's painful enough as it is ...

-C.B.