[lit-ideas] Re: Re Heidegger for Lawrence

  • From: palma <palma@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 02:16:44 -0500 (EST)

UHM? Herr Heidegger is a pure humanist, otherwise how do you square his views on animals (they are not or have not or partake not of Dasein, etc..)

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Phil Enns wrote:

It is not clear whether Lawrence Helm is quoting or offering his own
opinion, but he writes:

"Less 'troubling' but more serious is Heidegger?s 'anti-humanism'.?

Personally, it is precisely Heidegger's 'anti-humanism' that makes his
thought such a welcome relief to so much of modern philosophy.  The
modern preoccupation with experience and consciousness became a
narcissistic humanism (a tautology?) that reduced the world to human
thoughts and words.  Heidegger pushed back.  Furthermore, it is this
anti-humanism that I see as complicating the simple brush stroke that
paints the whole of Heidegger's thought as Nazi propaganda.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia

/begin/read__>sig.file: postal address
palma
University of KwaZulu-Natal Philosophy
3rd floor of Memorial Tower Building
Howard College Campus
Durban 4041
South Africa
Tel off: [+27] 031 2601591 (sec: Mrs. Yolanda Hordyk) [+27] 031-2602292
Fax [+27] 031-2603031
mobile 07 62 36 23 91            calling from overseas +[27] 76 2362391
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxx
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx

MY OFFICE IS A290@Mtb

*only when in Europe*: inst. J. Nicod
29 rue d'Ulm
f-75005 paris france
________
This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and/or privileged and is
intended for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
you must not copy,
distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any
confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
This entity is not responsible for any information not related to the business
of this entity. If you
received this e-mail in error please destroy the original and notify the sender.

  Ratio, enim, nisi judex universalis esse deberet, frustra singulis datur.

  [ _Quaestiones Naturales_, Adelard of Bath ]

Sull?orlo delle ciglia in oblìo
riproducimi il verso delle stelle
quando si vanno a scagliare
tra le ipotesi passate
di un presente privo di memorie.
Raccogli le mie penne
e gettale al fiume
ché non c?è seme di conoscenza
che non germini nel dolore.
Avanza l?autunno nel calpestìo delle foglie sul selciato
ed é un passo appena abbozzato
al calar della sera.

NATALIA CASTALDI