[lit-ideas] Re: RIP Miller Williams....

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:45:34 -0600

Thank you for posting that Ursula.  I've been an avid, devoted fan of
Lucinda Williams for quite awhile, but knew nothing of her father.  His
poems certainly do resonate in me.  I will get a collection pronto.  I see
that at some point he and his family lived in Hoxie, Ar which is about 14
miles south of Pocahontas, Ar where I lived for 4 years back in the 50's.
Wish I'd known that at the time, I would have gone a courtin' on Lucinda.
I think I have all her recordings.  She's wonderful.  Hell of a lot talent
between them.

Thanks again.