[lit-ideas] REat

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 05:34:38 +0000

The doctrines of logical atomism (which are one serious component of the
Logisch-philosophische Abhandlung, in the Ostwald edition, then G E Moore in
homage to B Spinoza invented the latinate title under which it became famous in
English) are doctrines about the absence of quantifiers and connectives (if
there were a fact |omar is intelligent and speranza babbles| such fact would
not be an atom of anything, while the elementary assertions {|omar is
intelligent|,|speranza babbles|} would be atomic in being devoid of logical
structures. Lucretius has nothing to do with it.