[lit-ideas] Quote of the Week

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:48:15 EDT

Hi,

This is to tide us over until we read the Sunday Poem...

As one of my mini-jobs, I had to find a bunch of suitable quotes for the
head of my LibraryLand Library Board who was giving a talk this week.

So, I did.  (I wish all aspects of my job would be so nice...what a  great
break that was!)

While doing so, I discovered this quote and thought I would share it with
you...I've been pondering various thoughts on it...  Many of you have come  to
my mind as I have read it...Thank you for causing the candle to burn more
brightly so that I could see better...

Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I  have
got hold of for a
moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as  possible before handing it
on to future
generations.

-- George Bernard  Shaw (1856-1950) Irish Playwright__________________________

Sending thoughts for each to enjoy a happy, peaceful and fun  Sunday,
Marlena in Missouri