[lit-ideas] Re: Quick question!

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:29:37 -0330

Synchronicity looms large. Last year an Education student of mine blurted out
loud in class: "Philosophy is alot like the Hotel California. You can check out
anytime you please but ...."  In Hoelderlin-like fashion, she did not end the
sentence. The subsequent extended moment of sheer, stunned silence after her
remark was deafening and impregnating ... and (for some) everlasting. She ended
up scoring an A+ in the course. (I never give A+s.)

Walter O.
Phantom of the Seminar