[lit-ideas] Re: Quick German Question (Vermutlich und Wahrscheinlich)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:12:45 EST

I thought you were supposed to be kicking back for the holiday break --  have
another beer and the difference won't matter so much.....

Julie Krueger
longing for the good old College Days that didn't include bickering
children, mounds of laundry, and food-crusted dishes.
========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Quick German Question
(Vermutlich und  Wahrscheinlich)  Date: 12/17/04 10:05:19 P.M. Central
Standard Time  From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)
  To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Are "vermutlich" and "wahrscheinlich"  interchangeable?  I can't figure out
when to use which one.  They both  seem like they mean the same thing to me,
and the dictionaries I've checked  don't clarify distinct  definitions.
Anyone?

Erin