[lit-ideas] Re: Questions

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:14:36 -0500

JMc:
Don't know the origin. But the Chicago Style Guide confirms the usage
I know, in which "pp."="pages (more than one)".

Thank you, John that was the only 'pp' I'd ever encountered other than 'piss poor' of course. My research uncovers: 'pseudo pteropod' and 'pneumatic phalanges', not to mention the everyday 'psychosomatic ptosis' and 'phallic phantasams', and 'ptomainic phenotypes'. But "per procurationem"????????????????? I had to Wiki it up. Oh! OK, yeah, sure, I've pp many checks, always thought it was just forgery, but happy to know, it's standard business operating procedure. Thank you, Judy and David, you've given me a very important defense should I ever get busted.

Mike Geary
Memphis