[lit-ideas] Re: Quasiness

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:43:00 +0700

Julie Krueger wrote:

"I still want to know what quasi money is and what it looks like and
if I have any and if so if I can use it like real money."

You may very well have some but you can't use it like 'real' money.
Here is the definition provided from your reference:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/docs/notesanddefs.html#2210

"This entry comprises the total quantity of time and savings deposits
denominated in the national currency, held by nonbank financial
institutions, state and local governments, nonfinancial public
enterprises, and the private sector of the economy. When added
together with "M1" the total money supply is known as "M2." The
national currency units have been converted to US dollars at the
closing exchange rate on the date of the information."

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia