[lit-ideas] Re: Protect the patents! The Black Death

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:41:20 -0800

Here's an interesting account.

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Italian_Studies/dweb/plague/perspectives/marchionne.shtml

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 6:30 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Protect the patents! The Black Death

Thanks for fixing the capital B, Andreas.  I saw it as it slid away...

Andreas Ramos wrote:

And there were the Peasant Revolts. The high cost of labor led to laws to control labor costs, but the peasants refused to work for cheap, so there was widespread insurretion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_revolt_in_late_medieval_Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

It's rather remarkable how nonchalant the White House has been about the Bird Flu. Since they don't believe in evolution or science (or other French ideas), I guess these issues aren't important for them.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 6:07 PM Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Protect the patents! The black Death