[lit-ideas] Re: Proof that the world (dis)improves, possibly

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:59:26 -0700

On Sep 22, 2005, at 5:14 PM, Ursula Stange wrote:

I have searched fo4 (that was a typo, but isn't it worth saving?...) ages for a clock radio that comes on with music and an alarm -- and when you hit the snooze button, the alarm goes off but the music stays on and six minutes later, the alarm rings again...and so forth.

The Timex T309T Triple-Alarm Clock Radio with Nature Sounds allows you to set the first alarm as a buzzer, the second as music and the third as a tiger devouring a gerbil, or whatever Nature Sounds the boffins decided to synthesize. Thus you could have an alarm, followed six minutes later by music, followed by, twelve minutes later, a rather interesting burp. You'll find it at Amazon. One review calls it, "the best of a bad lot."

In case there is more than one frustrated alarmist amongst you, here if the website I found useful:

http://www.alarmclocksonline.com

They have promised that if I can get a hundred people to buy a Commodore 6-in-1 (Brass). I can have a ten percent reduction on my Moonbeam.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon