[lit-ideas] Re: Pronounced 'Zamza'

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:56:29 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for this.&nbsp; It's really long, I'll have to read it later.&nbsp; I
had heard the Freudian father thing and I never liked it.&nbsp; A father/son
relationship, definitely.&nbsp; That's the heart of most of men's problems, for
that matter of most all problems, not having had a real honest to goodness
father (simple and&nbsp;sweeping, I know, but I stand by it).&nbsp; But
Freudian, not even remotely, not here, not anywhere.&nbsp; Likewise Neider is
completely off the wall wrong in my opinion.&nbsp; I'm glad Nabokov rejects him
too, at least in this case.&nbsp; I'll read it more carefully later but it
seems like Nabokov and I might be of a mind. Thank you&nbsp;again for
this.&nbsp;