[lit-ideas] Programoplasty

  • From: "aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, THEORIA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:59:09 -0500

An unwanted program recently snuck into my system.  It's called Redirected
Hosts and it gets past my antispyware programs.  It won't allow itself to be
deleted, even in safe mode.  McAfee will find it, quarantine it, but when I go
to delete it, it shuts the computer down.  What it does is it redirects
outgoing traffic and might be an anchor for pop-ups.  I wonder if anyone has
any experience with this and how you got rid of it short of reinstalling
Windows.  Google entries for redirected hosts may be a way of spreading this
program, so I didn't go into any.  Thanks for any help.

aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.