[lit-ideas] Re: Priorities

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:47:52 -0500

In my opinion, this stuff that has been floating around for years re
Hillary being president in 2008 is right up there with the gay marriage
issue.  Both are/were used by the right wing to raise money.

I think this because Sen. Clinton is a woman and a very controversial
figure.  This country can barely elect a few women to Congress.  Most
people, including women, would not vote for any woman for president, let
alone a lightning rod like Sen. Clinton.  It's for the gullible and
spreading the idea, to create fear, that she actually has a chance to
become president.  Republicans did very well with fear mongering in this
election, so there is no motive to give it up.

I am sick of this right wing stuff.  By the way, in case anyone hasn't
heard yet, now that these amoral characters have won the election, you
would think they would chill out.  But no, the latest thing for them to be
outraged about is that people say, "Season's Greetings," to each other.
Very offensive to Jesus, in case you didn't know.  Now, if they could just
focus on what Jesus said and taught between his birth and crucifixion, we
might even have a decent society again.  No, I won't hold my breath.

Veronica