[lit-ideas] Re: Priorities

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 07:58:28 -0800

Gad!  We are not in the middle of a major war.  You won't read about warfare
and so believe the silly things you read in the Left-leaning media.  The
war, such as it was is over. We are rounding up a few insurgents.  80% of
Iraq not only supports our efforts but is trying to get up to speed so they
can take care of things without us.  Of the remaining 20%, i.e., the Sunnis,
only the Baathist remnant, the Saddam diehards are engaged in the
insurgency.  They have some support from the Islamists, but how much is
uncertain.

In other parts of the world, EU Leftists wonder if our war against terror is
a real war because there "are only a few thousand" terrorists in existence
on the planet.

Also, I'm not doing any fighting.  Are you?  I did at one time rush off to a
war but I'm not personally fighting one at present. You complain about the
war and then imply that you too are sacrificing in some way.  Insofar as
anyone listens to you, you are only interfering.  The volunteer troops in
Iraq are doing whatever sacrificing is occurring.

Also, get enough what the first time?  A few insults and disjointed
irrelevancies?  I complained at the time that you couldn't mount an argument
and you responded with a few more insults and irrelevancies.  Yeah, I
suppose you are going to give me some more of those.  I can hardly wait.

Lawrence Helm
Sgt. USMC