[lit-ideas] Re: Pound's treason

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 02:29:14 +0100

*In the late 1940s, when the poet Ezra Pound was incarcerated in St.
Elizabeth’s Hospital on treason charges against the US, he corresponded
with Mullins. In their correspondence, Mullins exclaimed "THE JEWS ARE
BETRAYING US", in a letter written on Aryan League of America stationery.*

**Well, where would we expect a self-professed anti-Semite to write, in a
synagogue ? *

*O.K.*