[lit-ideas] Re: Posthuman, Space and Lifejackets

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:57:59 +0200

On 9-Oct-10, at 2:07 PM, palma wrote:

I encounter lots of animals, domesticated? by whom?

A friend of mine related to me the last time we talked an encapsulated version of some theory to the effect that it was not humans that domesticated dogs (wolves) but the wolves themselves (there was something about them over generations decreasing the distance at which they would take flight).

I can believe it - it is my opinion that animals and very small children are much more successful at behaviour modification than adult humans (for whom, among other things, moral principles, etc., get in the way).

Anyone know (where to find) more?

Chris Bruce,
Kiel, Germany