[lit-ideas] Re: Post Mortem.

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:27:53 -0500

>>I don’t know if it’s true, but they got to the Venezuelan president, you know Hugo Chavez and he put out a hit on old JL.

The Argentinian Gaucho Yakuza, known as "Gurkhas" have long been JL's antagonists. JL, however, is as resourceful as he is philological. Resolved not to die by pistol shot to tummy in Paris as did Evariste Galois, or geared up to sell his life dearly, as was Benvenuto Cellini, JL, Knight of the Hopeful Mug, waits, like Jose Capablanca expecting a novelty from Frank Marshall, to brainstorm only one move ahead, but always the right move. It is his metier and we must always respect this.