[lit-ideas] Re: Post Mortem.

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:41:44 +0900

On Dec 4, 2007 2:28 PM, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Mike, your touching note brought a tear; however I have it on very good
> authority from a lurker that the problem was caused by the Yakuza, you know,
> the problem that caused JL to be shut down, terminated in a manner of
> speaking.

That's odd. My sources suggest that, determined to find the missing Loeb, JL
embarked on a vision quest.  He unwisely used dope supplied by a gang of
upriver shamans, stumbled into Borges' labyrinthine library and is now so
entranced that only the ghost of Grice will be able to find and release him,
as soon as the thirty-seventh nuance of the third preposition in the
exorcism is properly decoded. Fear not, however, the thirty-fourth nuance
has already been reached. A post mortem is premature. Keep the absinthe
cold. Celebrations may soon be in order.

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN