[lit-ideas] Pornographic Iraq Exit Strategy with Aroused Emus

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:22:24 -0500

Andreas asks: A great deal of porn is gay porn. Does that subordinate men?

Maybe it does. I'm slowly coming around (no pun intended) to an
anti-porn position. Porn turns everybody into hunks of competing meat,
whereas in fact we are hunks of competing meat with extra, intangible
qualities.

Before this change in opinion, my take on porn was: "Why pay money to be
more horny than you are naturally?"

My take on drugs was similar: "Why pay money to feel bad, when you can
feel bad for free?"

There. I've done it. I've been semi-serious.

Best,
Eric