[lit-ideas] "Pope's remarks may lead to war"

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:52:02 -0700

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3304575,00.html

"Op-Eds published in the Arab newspapers slammed the pope . . . "

"The most extreme opinion was voiced by Hani Pahas in the London-based
Arabic-language daily newspaper Al-Hayat, who wrote "the pope's comments may
lead to war; we fear that the pope's statements may lead to a war . . ."

I wonder how many in the formerly Christian West would want to come to his
defense.  I wonder how many armies the Pope has.

Lawrence