[lit-ideas] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:32:30 -0800

On Feb 4, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Paul Stone wrote:
I think we did it for a weird reason -- just to prove we could. Even though as it was happening, we didn't think we could stick it out, we did. So call us loons, that's what we are. We're hosers to the extreme. Only Canadians would do such a silly thing, eh.

Only circumstances prevented us from fielding a Lit-Ideas team. We were certainly there in spirit, cheering you on.

Perhaps next year? Do you know if they will have decent beer? (I ask this on behalf of our cheerleaders, who have strict clauses about excellent ale written into their contracts).

Of course, with global warming, next year's competition will be probably have to be held inside someone's beer storage business, not so much pond hockey as refrigerated warehouse keg spill shinny.

David Ritchie
in balmy
Portland, Oregon