[lit-ideas] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:42:40 -0330

Quoting David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:41 PM, wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > P.S. "Mark V" is a rubber/sponge. (Costs an arm and a leg.) In
> > combination with
> > the right blade, you can take on anybody .. even the Chinese and the
> > Swedes.

David R:
> Don't you worry about blades.  I'll supply those.  Walter will probably
> want something French and nineteenth century--the very best swords of
> the era, I think--and keep his PPK for backup.

W: A table tennis blade, let it be publicly known, a sword does not make. Ever
wonder how people come to conclusions about who you are and what you like?
(Btw: What's a "PPK"?) I understand myself to be morally cosmopolitan and
rationally transcendental. What is there in the history of 19th. century France
that even asymptotically (sp?) approaches such ideals?

Plse. pardon the spelling: I spent today teaching, mentoring, discussing the
nature of a university in these "Oh so pomo days!" with top-brass
administrators, and playing a gruelling 90 minute table-tennis match with a
young, very-much-in-shape, visiting professor of German Language and Literature
from Bremmen who very much needs to acquire a much less distracting halter top
and exercise pants. (Us Canadians, pardon me, "We Canadians" are not nearly as
mature as Europeans in this regard. I would have had a better chance of winning
had she wore a burkah, or at least a veil. Re-match next Friday. Bets may be
placed through the offices of "wokshevs@xxxxxx"

Cheers, Walter O
Iranian and Quebecois Olympic Table Tennis Association
Monreyal, Keiybek
Kanada