[lit-ideas] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:44:31 EST

I must be in a mode of  extracting things from context tonight -- or I'm
simply loopier than even usual  -- but the different directions this sentence
can
go are .... well, beyond my  expertise and time.  (Erin?  where are you?)

"Mark V" is a rubber/sponge. (Costs an  arm and a leg.)
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Pond Hockey
Date: 2/1/2007 3:42:53 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _wokshevs@xxxxxxx
(mailto:wokshevs@xxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

Quoting David Ritchie  <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:38  AM, wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Alas, the only  hockey or tennis I play is on a table. (Should that be
> > AT  a
> > table?) I've seen enough ice to last me a lifetime.
>  >
> > Walter O
> > Mark V Forever
> >
>  >

> Plan B (or maybe V) would be to gather up some curling  stones and bowl
> the opposition over.
>
> David  Ritchie
> way short of Mark Twain in
> Portland, Oregon

Hey, now you're talking turkey! I was third on the Outremont High School
curling
team. We were coached by none other than Ron Duguid (sp?). In 1971,  Outremont
High was runner-up in the Quebec Provincial Bonspiel. We celebrated  by the
fire
at the Club with some hot chocolate, Laurier Bar-B-Q and donuts.  Well, I was
only 17 at the time! I only stayed because Carmen was there.  (Don't ask.)

Walter O.
Outremont High
Montreal, PQ

P.S.  "Mark V" is a rubber/sponge. (Costs an arm and a leg.) In combination
with
the right blade, you can take on anybody .. even the Chinese and the  Swedes.