[lit-ideas] Re: Political position of Writers on Iran

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:50:21 -0800

Neither Robin Wright nor Ilan Berman said nothing before Rohollah Khomeini
came to Iran had any significance, but the outline of Shah Pahlavi's career
is well known, and going back into the details doesn't seem necessary or
relevant to either Berman's or Wright's project.  Berman wrote about Tehran
becoming more powerful under the Islamists.  Wright wrote about the Khomeini
years.  To do what you want would be to write a different book -- apparently
twice.

As to your Saudi Cleric, are you being humorous like Mike?  P.H. Lundbech
says I should try to be more tolerant.

Lawrence