[lit-ideas] Re: Polar bears vital step closer to winning US Presidency

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 04:16:14 -0400 (EDT)

The Presidency headline made my day.  Re. the contents of the Polar Bear article, my one thought is that if I lived in a place named Inchnadamph I'd a) buy a space heater and try to heat all of space or b) devote my life to looking for polar bear skeletons.  Re. Connolly, I'm shocked that he missed his most obvious target.  That song Andy Stewart sings, "There was a soldier, a Scottish solider..." blah, blah, is called "The Green Hills of Tyrol," see here for details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Scottish_Soldier
My guess is that's how Tyree came to have green hills.
My task today is to find a bagpiper who can play this *in* the green hills of Tyrol.

David Ritchie,
Switzerland