[lit-ideas] Re: Poetry x 2 = Sabbatical

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:57:12 +0100

> You know, I've always felt guilty about the Romantics.

No need.  Wordsworth is hell. The French Romantics are too**,
so it has to be something about the movement.

(**Victor Hugo's a good poet, so perhaps Romantic poets are
hell even when they're good?)

But I like the idea behind

"Our meddling intellect
Mis-shapes the beauteous forms of things:--
We murder to dissect."

but have always applied that to literary criticism, not to
poetry.

*Hey you can't leave us*

Judy