[lit-ideas] Re: Poetry be damned.

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:21:45 -0500

Mike: Then tell me, say something like I shouldn't be so revealing. Or, don't I have any shame? That's the reaction I'm looking for.

Eric: I'm sure the result will be way better than Bukowski, who was probably too drunk to be honest. You'll become a cult hero of college students, give paid readings on the circuit, get interviewed by "The Paris Review," and people will make pilgrimages to Memphis to meet the master. Good for you, Mike, just remember us when you're famous.