[lit-ideas] Re: Pleonetetic Implicatures

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:58:24 -0500

I have no truck with the English and their silly clutching to the
monarchy. Why should I care what they adore?  All human societies have
their absurdities.  If the English choose to lavish fortune and fame on a
group of purposeless human beings, so be it -- for then they are not
purposeless -- they have been saddled with the ambition of the whole
goddamn culture.  Are they still empty of any inner worth?  Yes, certainly,
but so what?  99.44% of the human race live lives of private desperation --
let the children believe in a myth of grandeur.

Mike Geary
grandeurist of Memphis