[lit-ideas] Re: Pinning down the meaning, or not

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:56:52 -0700

Actually, that is my opinion as well, but I wanted to hedge it to avoid a
notorious Lit-Ideas quibble.  If I were a proper Popperian I would have
advanced it boldly and waited for a Lit-idear to falsify it.  I've tried to
falsify it myself and haven't managed it.  But yes, I wouldn't think this a
popular notion.  I regularly encounter people who advance unclear ideas and
take offense when someone points out the ambiguities in them.

Lawrence