[lit-ideas] Piglet's problems

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:50:23 +0000

Subject: Piglet has a problem even if Simon & Judy don't [wasn't able to send
because message was too large]

[Piglet's Problems cartoon apparently too much for Lit-Ideas, pushed the size
of the email up to 183 KB & so had to be deleted.   It shows Piglet before a
British Firing Squad.  She is described as being guilty of offending Muslim
sensibilities.  She says "oh dear" as the soldiers get ready to fire.]

As Simon and Judy content themselves with finding fault with Steyn on minor
points, I've been Googling through case after case that supports Steyn's
arguments.  He he arguing about the inroads Islam is making in Europe.  He gave
a few examples, but there are others.  Case after case.  Some of you guys would
quibble about where the deck chairs belong rather than run down to get into the
life boats.

At December 18, 2006 10:46 PM Martin wrote:
Arsenal football club is located in London which happens to be the capital city
of England the last time I checked. The club is bound by the laws of the land
and it`s constitutions. Banning the flying of the Union Jack or St.George Cross
anywhere on English soil may actually be against the law? It`s enough that the
English don`t get to play at Arsenal anymore but this is ridiculous, arrogant
and frankly not suprising.I am a tolerant man but this is piss taking to the
extreme. Time someone placed their boot firmly up Wengers arse,pay his taxi
fair to Heathrow and give the club back to the English before he bans fish &
chips and cups of tea from the club menu too.

by CHRISTIAN GYSIN, Daily Mail 20:42pm 31st May 2006
Food store Tesco has been forced into an embarrassing U-turn after banning
delivery drivers from displaying England flags in their cabs. The decision -
just eight days before the start of the World Cup - was greeted with derision
before senior supermarket bosses admitted having a 're-think' about the ban.
The flag row is the latest to involve St George's Cross flags being banned in
various parts of the country.

By MARTIN PHILLIPS

TODAY The Sun goes into battle to defend the right of all English men and women
to fly our national flag. Nothing unites the nation quite like sporting
passion. And nothing gets small-minded killjoys on their high horses quite like
signs of national pride.The sight of English flags proudly fluttering all
around the country ahead of this month’s World Cup has got the petty
jobsworths up in arms.They brand anyone who dares to show their love for our
country as racist — and sneer at anyone who takes pride in being English. We
have news for them. Patriotism is NOT a dirty word.

Hear! Hear!
Lawrence