[lit-ideas] Re: Picks of the week

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:41:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

A while back I read, I think in the Wall Street Journal, about a "virtual
community" of some type that seems to be catching on on the internet.  It
seemed something like this only more.   In that virtual city or town or
whatever it was you create a character, then that character lives out a life at
your direction, interacting with other virtual characters that others direct.
I vaguely remember thinking "Simpsons" at the time, so it may have Simms.  Has
anybody heard of this?

Andy

Date:5/21/2004 5:17:19 PM Central Daylight Time
From:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx