[lit-ideas] Re: Philosophy: A Very Short Introduction

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 16:03:45 +0900

What would count as being a rational person with no reason to believe? All
sorts of otherwise sensible seeming folk believe as a matter of religious
faith, while others deny that they have any reason to believe. Who was it
who wrote something along the lines of, ''I believe because it is absurd''?

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN