[lit-ideas] Re: Philosophical League Tables

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:54:10 -0700

This is, of course, in both the Reed, and the Mutton libraries. I also
found this.

Meaning and mind : an examination of a Gricean account of language
by Anita Avramides

Ms. Avromides is unknown to me. We no longer have George Bealer (Yale) and Neil Thomason (denied tenure, now at Melbourne) to promote the Gricean way. Nor, of course, does Grice any longer visit. This is too bad, because I always enjoyed seeing Judy Baker. She married some famous Canadian, I hear.

Cheers,

RP

Note that as far as privileged philosophers of the 21st century, first in
the list should be

one

Grice, H. P. Aspects of Reason.