[lit-ideas] Re: "Philosophers" by Steve Pyke

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:22:01 -0700

JL wrote

In a message dated 6/8/2009 6:51:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rpaul@xxxxxxxx writes:
one S. Pike. My favourite has to be Philippa   Foot -- and her comment is
genial too: "Ask something to a philosopher, and after he or she talks a bit, you no longer understand your question".

See

_http://www.pyke-eye.com/view/phil_I_22.html_ (http://www.pyke-eye.com/view/phil_I_22.html)
For his new series of portraits,
Actually, I don't care much for the new series of portrait. I mean, I love S. Pyke still.
Pyke found that the centre of power had shifted. In Britain , he was making fewer trips to Oxford and Cambridge,

There is much else by way of someone's remarks, with comments by JL following. However, the remarks are not mine, as one might infer from what JL says at the beginning.

'It ain't me, babe..if ain't me you're lookin' for, babe...'

Robert Paul