[lit-ideas] Re: Phil-Id Welcomes You

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:04:32 -0500

On May 9, 2005, at 8:25 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

> Hi, Brian,
>
> Welcome!  You HAVE been gone for awhile.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Mike.  I recognize some of those
names and did miss the rousing conversations.  I might post some
older items that I'd like to get opinions on or those that have
philosophical merit that I've run across in the ensuing years.  For
instance, was Meir Soloveichik's essay THE VIRTUE OF HATE ever
discussed?

> Tom Hart's still there though and Nancy Sanderson and Lance Simmons
> and
> Delia Friedberg and uh...oh yes, occasionally D.G. Myers
> and...and...hmmm...it seemed like so many right-wingers but that's
> only 7.

That sounds intriguing.  I'll have to see if I can locate Theoria and
make that number jump to eight.  I wrote to Mr. Myers when trying to
find out what happened to the gang and see if he was interested in
getting the band back together but he declined to answer my e-mail...

Pax,
Brian