[lit-ideas] Re: Phatic: The Hawkish Eye of Mcevoy

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:38:15 +0100 (BST)

> the hawkish eye of mcevoy and its limits:

Limits is right. I have just noticed that I earlier sent the same post three
times. How I did this, when I often fail to send the same post even once, is
a mystery to me - but I apologise for any inconvenience caused to the list.

> oh i thought we were talking about additive behaviour, and i didn't
> understand what that would be.

Try counting sheep. Essayer donner a numbre pour les petite mouton! I offer
the translation to show that your funny French accent is less shameful than
my funny French. Though nowadays in England showing you are Dawn French is
considered more shameful than both.

It seems to me possibly paradoxical that the more hesitant you were about
saying your name the more 'hmm..phatic' your expression might be.

Tomorrow, phatic, I may be shot at dawn having deserted the Foreign Legion,
so please tolerate a condemned man's gallows humour. My last meal was cheese
and wine - le grande fromage avec le vin du pays a la coq sportif du rugby
internationale l'aeroport Charles de Gaulle etre exacte s'il vous plait.

Donal

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe
Awards  www.yahoo.co.uk/internetcafes