[lit-ideas] Petrarca

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:35:39 EDT

I'm not going to give publicity to this woman  that attracts Finnish and
Bath-born readers.

I went online to check her  stats. There is an interview, referenced in Wiki,
where she  says:

"The Italian publishers will kill to get  my books."

Who does she _think_ she is.

Ditto the queen. I go to  the Scots service and the pipers _deafen_ me. Yet,
she invites an Italian  (Burlasconi) to her house and she asks,  rhetorically,

"Why does he have to  shout?"

--- Some say her hearing aid was mis-tuned.

Anyway, I  think it is illegal what this thriller writer is saying. I
wouldn't think that's  possible. Imagine Petrarca not being published in the
Anglo.

Also, with  the "L'Aquila" thing -- people are going to hate her more and
more!

Surely there are ways of avoid 'debut. celebrity' than not allowing  your
stuff to get published in the vernacular. Also, people will _see_ her and  lose
all interest.

Cheers,

JL
The Swimming-Pool  Library