[lit-ideas] Re: Perpetua and the Playboy

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:37:28 -0700

On Jul 6, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

> --- On Wed, 6/7/11, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> How would you describe the white balloons exiting the big inflated thing?
> Literary answers preferred.>
>
> Rising like bubbles escaping an ocean vent..like a ghostly pale twister..like
> doves escaping a meringue pie..like a bank deposit spasmed by a
> sperm-donor...what puzzles is why they used enough people to fill out the '2'
> but could only mark the '1's with four matchstick lines of people, so that
> the central ejaculation is set between a dyslexic swastika and eight lines of
> coke.

I take your point about the numbers.  The puffy thing reminds me of a
prosthesis.  It's a bizarre idea, but it occurs to me that they maybe they
wanted to say something subtle and quiet about the importance of breast exams?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/181-2232630-8088765?asin=B0024A7Q24&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7CB0024A7Q24&CPNG=&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=B0024A7Q24&ci_kw=%7Bkeyword%7D&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

David Ritchie,
Portland,