[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:20:51 -0400

A.A.  Am I misunderstanding or are you saying that the right to privacy is
not maintained by the Constitution?

> > B>  The U.S. is
> > B> constitutionally barred from using the federal government for these
> > B> purposes, which is why I oppose federalized health care and support
> > B> the abolishment of the Department of Education.
> >
> > By which part of the Constitution?
>
> Amendment X.  Nowhere in the Constitution is the federal government
> delegated the power to regulate or fund elementary or secondary
> education, or health care.

A.A.  Likewise there's nothing about clean air and water, so let's do away
with the EPA too?   To what extent do you think the framers intended to
micromanage society when they wrote the Constitution?

Andy Amago