[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:51:46 -0400

>I'm surprised you don't have any contingency-fee type arrangements
>there.

It's against the law. I think, in the overall scheme of things,
that's  probably a good thing. It's not generally a very litigious society,
but with the beast to the south's influence, it probably would be. Just the
other day, a hairdresser in a nearby city won an award of 384,000 dollars
from a the Culligan water company because there was a fly in his bottled
water and he 'lost his sense of humour' and suffered panic attacks. THIS IS
A TRUE STORY!!!

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx