[lit-ideas] Re: Patty Duke & The Apriori [part 1 of 2]]

  • From: karltrogge@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:26:38 +0200

On 8-Jul-09, at 5:25 PM, I wrote:

It may also be important that [Helen Keller] was not blinded and deafened until the relatively late age of 19 months. (For the past few months I have been watching and listening to a neighbour's child developing her language skills - she just turned 2 a week ago.)

I have just this minute recognized a rather remarkable coincidence:

That 2-year-old child's name is Helen. (There is even an etymological connection between their last names, but I won't push that - the 'Helen' is more than enough.)

Karl Trogge
Hamburg