[lit-ideas] Pat Condell on the Ground Zero Mosque

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:21:16 -0700

My cousin, a nurse, just sent me the following from the British Comedian Pat
Condell:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/06/pat-condell-on-ground-zero-mosque-is-it-po
ssible-to-be-astonished-but-not-surprised.html

I had never before heard of Pat Condell.  I looked him up on Wikipedia and
see that he probably never graduated from high school, let alone college.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Condell

He is certainly no historian, but he seems to have thought for himself about
many of the issues surrounding the Ground Zero Mosque.  While I wouldn't
invoke him as an authority, I did find him his humor provocative.  Do many
Americans agree with his point of view?  Whenever anyone conducts a poll, we
learn that more Americans agree with this point of view than not.

Why is the City of New York going to allow it to be built anyway?  Perhaps a
majority in that City want it built -- I don't know -- I'll have to ask Eric
-- or perhaps the Mayor of New York is invoking his executive privilege, in
which case it would comprise a political decision overriding a popular
opinion.

Lawrence