[lit-ideas] Re: Passing the cup for Julie

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 01:22:43 -0500

I....I.....I..... that's not Microsoft .... that's ... I no longer am
interested in the Surface ... I...  I.... I've died and gone to Heaven .....
I didn't know I was worthy.  But...I must get back there and live long
enough to own this nameless item and use it ...  it has a
keyboard....letters.... and did you see that 3-D??  There is a God.  Btw,
what's the power source behind these devices??  Wouldn't it be nice if they
were powered by human energy?  That article and video made my head spin with
the possibilities.  If they can incorporate a touch-sensative keyboard, they
can incorporate a touch-sensative piano keyboard.  Teachers would no longer
need books, black boards, white boards, or classroom space, for that
matter.  Hospitals could....   I wonder if they're planning on any means by
which to send any of this data from one place to another long distance,
other than carrying it on a disk or phone which would then be placed but
maybe if the phone capacity were big enough data, such as websites,
documents, powerpoints (hell, who needs power points??) could be sent from
the phone on the surface in NY to the phone on the surface in Japan or or or
.......  and and and think SIMS on one of these......architecture, geology,
oceanography!  astrophysics!.... my brain is scrambled by the light.

Julie Krueger

On 6/1/07, Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're starting a fundraising project so Julie can buy a Microsoft Surface.

See this
http://cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/index.html<http://cs.nyu.edu/%7Ejhan/ftirtouch/index.html>

yrs,
andreas