[lit-ideas] Re: Paranoid (Andrea, perhaps, can answer my question?)

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:24:04 -0230

I have queries about that as well, Julie. I googled myself recently only because
I allowed tech services to "publish" my own personal website and I wanted to see
how "up-front" my website is on google. (It seems the more "hits" a website
gets, the closer to page 1 it is when you google name, institutional
affiliation and sexual orientation, if any). Perusing the enries on me, I
found, besides a number of incriminating references to my work for the KGB in
the late 80s, incorrect ratings of my provincial table tennis status, and a
variety of online publications that I deny ever having written, a number of
litideas posts I sent out over the years. I don't know why postings to
listservs are tagged by google nor do I know how posts are chosen for such
world-wide dissemination. As much of our chat is here is highly contextualized
and not really for wide public consupmtion I sign off my posts as "Walter O
MUN" or "Walter O", with some contrived department and university I formulate
for a lark.

If anyone can enlighten us on such mysteries, please do.

Walter O
MUN

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2011.php